The Benefits of Drinking Water First Thing in the Morning
We all know that water is good for us, but did you know that drinking a glass of water first thing in the morning can help keep your body healthy? Drinking enough water benefits everything from our skin to our brain and even helps with weight loss. It’s important to drink at least 8 glasses of H2O each day, but studies show that starting off your morning with a glass or two may be particularly beneficial. Discover why you should drink more water first thing in the morning!
Why You Should Drink Water First Thing in the Morning
1) Looking to shed some pounds this year? Tackling your water intake first thing in the morning is a great place to start. One of the best benefits of drinking water first thing in the morning is that it helps you manage your weight. Drinking a glass of water before breakfast curbs cravings and prevents overeating, which are common causes for those who skip breakfast or grab something unhealthy on the way.
2) You might be thinking that it’s not easy to stay hydrated during the day when you are always on the go. When we wake up, our bodies just need a little more water than normal because they’re in a dehydrated state from sleeping and breathing at night while sitting upright so often throughout the day or if you have been sweating for any reason such as physical exertion. Drinking water will help replenish fluids and electrolytes, which lead to an increase in energy levels throughout your busy workday with all its demands!
3) Drinking water in the morning can help you keep a positive mood throughout the day. Studies show that people who drink at least 2 liters of H2O have more energy, less difficulty concentrating, and are happier than those who don’t get enough fluids from food or beverages.
4) When you drink water, it can help to flush out the toxins and bacteria that are building up in your system. These harmful substances affect your skin’s appearance by causing issues such as acne or rashes. This is because when these things collect around hair follicles on our bodies they create a less-than-ideal environment for natural oils to flow through the pores easily; this leads not only to breakouts but also to clogged pores which give way to other problems like cysts! Drinking more water doesn’t just make you feel lighter (especially after eating salty foods), it makes you look sharper too–all thanks to hydration with H2O!
5) Ideal dental health comes from not just brushing your teeth, but also drinking plenty of water.
Water helps to wash away the plaque that would otherwise accumulate on the teeth. Drinking a lot of water instead of a carbonated drink can help restore lost minerals and decrease cavity seeping rates as it reduces bacteria in your mouth.
6) Drinking water benefits your brain. Not only does it provide energy and improve mood, but drinking more water also benefits memory retention because of the increased oxygen flow to our brains–giving us a great opportunity to study!
7) It is said that having hot water first in the morning benefits your digestive system, and drinking it provides many other healthful perks. Hot or warm water helps to stimulate a healthy liver for detoxification, stimulates muscles within our stomach which can help prevent constipation by getting rid of blockages from food that may not have been digested yet; also abdominal cramps are relieved quickly with the gas release!
Drinking water in the morning has been linked to a number of health benefits. From increased energy levels, reduced hunger cravings, and lowered stress levels, it’s easy to see why drinking water first thing in the morning is worth trying out for yourself!